4LEAF provided CM and Inspection Services for this $6M waterline replacement project. First Street is a Caltrans-operated roadway, so considerable coordination has been required with Caltrans to obtain an encroachment permit for construction. The project consisted of the installation of 8,050 l.f. of 24-inch waterline, valves, and fire hydrants; tie-in of new mains to existing mains; replacement of service laterals up to existing water meters; and replacement of water meters and water meter boxes where appropriate. Permanent trench paving was completed using a special Caltrans specification and inspections were performed per the 2015 Caltrans Standard Plans and Specifications. 4LEAF utilized the cloud-based program Procore to all project documents (RFIs, submittals, change orders, schedules, project files, daily reports, and project photos).
Services performed by the 4LEAF team included:
- Performing constructability review of 90% plans and specifications.
- Performing extensive Public outreach and coordination with local businesses and residents.
- Coordination w/ Caltrans for various permits.
- Providing daily inspections and daily report documentation of job-related activities.
- Continually monitoring the contractor’s traffic control to ensure compliance with the project’s traffic control plans.
- Monitoring the contractors’ daily storm water protection.
- Chairing and attending weekly meetings with the City, contractors, client, and various project stakeholders.
- Monitoring and documenting the contractor’s work for adherence to contract plans and specifications.
- Collecting and maintaining digital photographs of all daily construction activities.
- Reporting all discrepancies requiring corrective actions to City staff.
- Meeting with the contractor to review proposed work and schedule inspections.
- Reviewing and approving contractor monthly pay requests and make recommendations to the City for approval.
- Reviewing contractor submittals for City-directed contract change order requests.
- Negotiating with contractor for change orders.
- Developing “punch list” items and following-up with corrective measures with the City’s staff.