4LEAF provided the City of San Bruno with Construction Management and Inspection Services for the $3.35 million Crystal Springs Road Sewer Main Replacement Project. This project consisted of constructing approximately 550 lineal feet of 8-inch, 10-inch and 24-inch diameter HDPE sanitary sewer pipe and removing and replacing approximately 2,595 lineal feet of 8-inch, 10-inch, 18-inch, and 20-inch sanitary sewer pipe by open-cut construction methods. A portion of the pipeline installation occurred on El Camino Real, which is a Caltrans operated roadway requiring work be performed according to the Caltrans encroachment permit.
Additional project details include:
- Constructing standard sewer manholes and drop manholes.
- Constructing 4-inch and 8-inch water mains.
- Performing full width slurry seal.
- Providing pavement delineation.
- Performing extensive community outreach.
- Performing construction in narrow roadways with heavy commute traffic.
- Performing night work within Caltrans right-of-way.
Services performed by the 4LEAF team included:
- Providing daily inspections and daily report documentation of job-related activities.
- Continually monitoring the contractor’s traffic control to ensure compliance with the project’s traffic control plans.
- Monitoring the contractors’ daily storm water protection.
- Attending weekly meetings with the City, contractors, client, and design engineers.
- Monitoring and documenting the contractor’s work for adherence to contract plans and specifications.
- Providing continual review of plans and specifications.
- Collecting and maintaining digital photographs of all daily construction activities.
- Reporting all discrepancies requiring corrective actions to City staff.
- Meeting with the contractor to review proposed work and schedule inspections.
- Developing “punch list” items and following-up with corrective measures with the City’s staff.