4LEAF and our sub-consultant, Construction Testing Services, provided Construction Management, Inspection, and Materials Testing and Special Inspection services for the City of Pacifica’s $2.2M Balboa Way Street Repairs project. The project included restoration of the entire extent of the residential area of Balboa Way between Anza Drive and Arguello Boulevard as well as private driveways.
The project consisted of the replacement / repair of approximately 27,300 square feet (SF) of roadway asphalt, replacement of approximately 5,170 SF of sidewalk including curb and gutter, replacement of 10 private driveways, construction of four ADA curb ramps, replacement of approximately 630 lineal feet (LF) of 8-inch-diameter high density polyethylene (HDPE) sanitary sewer pipe (SDR 17) by open trench, replacement of approximately 155 LF of 24-inch HDPE sanitary sewer pipe (SDR 17) by open trench, abandonment and relocation of approximately 720 LF of a 6-inch-diameter ductile iron water main line, replacement of approximately 90 LF of 18-inch reinforced concrete pipe (RCP) storm drain line with 18-inch HDPE (SDR 17) pipe by open trench, construction of three new sanitary sewer manholes, leak repair of seven existing sanitary sewer manholes, and re-establishing sanitary sewer lateral tie ins. All work was performed while meeting the health and safety requirements outlined in the San Mateo County Health Officer Order for COVID-19.
Services performed by 4LEAF included:
- Performing part-time CM services and coordinating and chairing weekly construction meetings.
- Managing all RFIs, submittals, potential change order requests, and contract change orders.
- Reviewing contractor pay applications and providing recommendations to City staff.
- Full-time inspection services monitoring/documenting contractor’s work for adherence to contract documents.
- Maintaining thorough daily inspection reports and continual review of plans/ specifications.
- Providing daily interface with residents, utility providers, and multiple jurisdiction staff.
- Coordinating all special inspections and materials testing being performed by our subconsultant CTS.
- Documenting information related to manpower, equipment, & extra work.
- Continually monitoring the contractor’s traffic control to ensure compliance with the traffic control plan.
- Providing accurate measured quantities and reviewing pay estimates submitted by contractor.
- Collecting and maintaining digital photographs of all daily construction activities.
- Reporting all discrepancies requiring corrective actions to City staff and maintaining red-lined set of project plans.
- Meeting with the contractor to review proposed work and schedule inspections.
- Developing “punch list” items and following up with corrective measures with the City’s staff.
- Utilizing 4LEAF’s corporate account with Procore as the cloud-based document control system.